MTT Homeschool Co-Op:
Led by Teachers
The MTT Homeschool Co-Op is more than your average Co-Op. It’s a Homeschool Tutorial! It differs in that tutors facilitate and teach the lessons instead of parents. Our model allows families to supplement their homeschool curriculum with support in ELA/Literacy and Math from a certified educator in a small-group classroom setting. Tutorial students have a chance to connect with other students in mixed-age groups in order to build long-lasting relationships with peers. Parent involvement is encouraged but not required.
– Our Philosophy –
Social-Emotional Learning and Relationship-Building
Our goal is to support homeschooling parents by reinforcing key Math and Literacy skills while igniting a sense of curiosity and excitement for learning through creative projects and real-world applications.
Social-emotional learning (also known as SEL or emotional intelligence) and relationship-building are the foundations for creating and maintaining a positive learning experience rooted in building healthy relationships, strengthening one’s character, and self-regulation.
Location and Eligibility
MTT Homeschool Co-Op is held at 5310 Hazelwood Ave., Baltimore, MD 21206.
The program is open to homeschool students in grades K-8. Whether you’re just starting your homeschooling journey and looking for a space for your child to socialize with other kids while learning, or looking to accelerate your child’s math and literacy skills by supplementing your curriculum with our tutors, MTT is here to support you every step of the way.
We have mixed-age groups of no more than 8 students per tutor. Within those groups students will receive personalized instruction every day they attend.
Semester-based Tuition, Flexible Payment Options
Students enrolled full time will receive 8 hours per week of combined targeted Math and Literacy instruction from certified teachers. The fall semester is 15 weeks (September 5 – December 21,2023), with instruction paused during the week of Thanksgiving.
Spots are limited. To enroll please fill out an application below. Upon acceptance, a $100 deposit will secure your child’s spot and go towards the first tuition payment.
- $3200/semester: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am – 2pm
- $2000/semester: Tuesdays OR Thursdays, 10am – 2pm
- Students who are able to attend both days will be prioritized during the enrollment process. A 10% discount is available with the first month’s tuition if you refer another family who joins the tutorial.
- ELA/Literacy and Math will be taught on different days and each day will be dedicated to activities involving those subjects. There will be time for a snack break. Parents are expected to supply a small snack and water bottle for students.
- *A $6.25 supply fee will apply each week.
The tentative schedule is as follows
but is subject to change prior to the semester beginning:
Monthly and weekly payment options are also available!
Additional Support for Your Homeschooling Journey
- Math and Literacy diagnostic assessments upon request at the beginning and end of semester
- Assignments to add to their homeschool portfolio
- Priority access to our homeschool tutors available to facilitate MTT homeschool packages (available for purchase) outside of the tutorial